William Mulcahy is a licensed professional counselor, psychotherapist, and supervisor of the Cooperative Parenting Center at Family Service in Waukesha, Wisconsin. Previously he has served as a counselor at Stillwaters Cancer Support Services in Wisconsin, specializing in grief and cancer-related issues, and worked with children with special needs. Bill's short stories have appeared in several publications. The Zach Rules series books are his first books for children, merging his passions for good storytelling and providing counseling-like tools to help children live healthier, happier lives. Bill lives in Summit, Wisconsin, with his three sons who played their own role in the creation of the Zach Rules series.
Bring Bill to your classroom!
Bill offers school visits, in person and via Skype, to teach kids tools for building healthy relationships. Bill uses humor and interactivity in his dramatic presentations to teach important life skills:
- Handling frustration and other difficult emotions.
- Helping children to authentically apologize while keeping their dignity intact.
Bill also offers:
- Corresponding parent sessions on using these techniques to consciously parent in a world where it is easy to become complacent.
- Classroom Q & A sessions for students interested in learning about writing and getting published.
- Mind-Body-Spirit workshops. Bill offers half-day and full-day retreats for parents, especially those with special needs children, to help them manage stress and live happier lives by incorporating Mind-Body-Spirit approaches into everyday life.
Connect with Bill on Twitter or Facebook: