Teaching the skills of conflict resolution and bullying prevention is more important than ever. This leader’s guide to the acclaimed Kids’ Guide to Working Out Conflicts presents 25 lessons, each 45 minutes in length, that support the eight chapters of the student book.
You’ll find concrete, proven ways to:
- foster respect and communication
- reduce conflict and promote effective conflict resolution
- teach anger management skills
- build compassion for others
- counter bullying
- fortify young people against the effects of teasing, harassment, and other hurtful behaviors
- make school a more peaceful place
You’ll learn techniques to help students:
- think instead of react
- cool down instead of act out
- listen instead of blame
- walk away from fights
- stand up for themselves assertively, not aggressively
- empathize with others
- help kids who experience bullying and harassment
The Leader’s Guide can be used in a variety of settings—in and out of school, with kids in a classroom, a small group, or youth group setting. Lead all 25 sessions in sequence or select those that best fit your setting and your students’ needs.
Together with The Kids’ Guide to Working Out Conflicts, this book offers everything you need to give middle school and junior high students real skills for dealing with conflicts, getting along better with almost anyone, and feeling a lot better about themselves.
View where you can purchase the eBook. 112 pages, softcover, lay-flat binding, black and white, 8 1/2" x 11", Educators, counselors, and youth workers, Grades 5-9, ISBN 978-1-57542-154-4